- Multi-scale Modeling of Urban Neighborhoods
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Energy Simulations
- Simulations and Measurements of Indoor and Outdoor Environments
- Ventilation Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Building Energy Analysis
- Sustainable Buildings and Climate Change
- Ph.D., Building Technology, Massachusetts Institute for Technology, 2000
- M.Sc., Mechnical Engineering, University of Belgrade, 1997
- B.Sc., Mechnical Engineering, University of Belgrade, 1994
Honors and Awards
- Serbian National Academy of Engineering, Elected International Member, 2013
- Outstanding Research Award, Penn State Engineering Alumni Society (PSEAS), 2012
- 2009 Crosby Field Award, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), 2010
- 2009 Poster Presentation Award, ASHRAE, 2010
- 2007 Transactions Paper Award, ASHRAE, 2008
- Distinguished Service Award, ASHRAE, 2007
- Yaglou Award, International Academy of Indoor Air Sciences, 2005
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award, National Science Foundation, 2002
- Special Emphasis Research Career Award (SERCA), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 2001
- Homer Addams Award, ASHRAE, 2001
- Pearce Development Professorship, PSU, 2000-2004
- Zhao, M., Kim, Y.S., and Srebric, J. 2015. “Occupant Perceptions and a Health Outcome in Retail Stores,” Building and Environment, doi:10.1016/j.buildenv.2015.05.039.
- Yaghoobian, N., Srebric, J. 2015. “Influence of Plant Coverage on the Total Green Roof Energy Balance and Building Energy Consumption,” Energy and Buildings, 103(2015): 1-13.
- Chen, X., Wang, Q., and Srebric, J. 2015. “Model Predictive Control for Indoor Thermal Comfort and Energy Optimization Using Occupant Feedback,” Energy and Buildings, 102(2015): 357-369.
- Jareemit, D., and Srebric, J. 2015. “A Characterization of Time-Dependent Air Infiltration Rates in Retail Stores Using Calibrated Multi-zone Model,” Science and Technology for the Built Environment, 21(4): 420-428.
- Srebric, J., Heidarinejad, M., Liu, J. 2015. “Building Neighborhood Emerging Properties and their Impacts on Multi-Scale Modeling of Building Energy and Airflows,” Building and Environment, 91(2015): 246-262.
- Liu, J., Heidarinejad, M., Gracik, S., Srebric, J., and Yu, N. 2015. “An indirect validation of convective heat transfer coefficients (CHTCs) for external building surfaces in an actual urban environment,” Building Simulation Journal, 2015(8): 337-352.
- Zhao, M., Srebric, J., Berghage, R., Dressler K., 2015. “Accumulated Snow Layer Influence on the Heat Transfer Process through Green Roof Assemblies,” Building and Environment, 87(2015): 82-91.
- Chen, X., Wang, Q., and Srebric, J. 2015. “A Data-driven State-space Model of Indoor Thermal Sensation Using Occupant Feedback for Low-Energy Buildings,” Energy and Buildings, 91(2015): 187-198.
- Pitchurov, G., Srebric, J., Zhu, S., Vincent R.L., Rudnick, S.N., and Brickner P.W. 2015. “A Validated Numerical Investigation of the Ceiling Fan's Role in the Upper-Room UVGI Efficacy,” Building and Environment, 86(2015): 109-119.
- Liu, J., Heidarinejad, M., Gracik, S., and Srebric, J. 2015. “The impact of exterior surface convective heat transfer coefficients on the building energy consumption in urban neighborhoods with different plan area densities,” Energy and Buildings, 86(2015): 449-463.
- Han, G., Srebric, J., and Enache-Pommer, E. 2015. “Different Modeling Strategies of Infiltration Rates for an Office Building to Improve Accuracy of Building Energy Simulations,” Energy and Buildings, 86(2015): 288-295.
- Gracik, S., Heidarinejad, M., Liu, J., Srebric, J. 2015. “Effect of Urban Neighborhoods on the Performance of Building Cooling Systems,” Building and Environment, 90(2015): 15-29.