Faculty and Staff
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Maryland provides quality education, conducts strong research programs, fosters close partnerships with industry and government, and provides related services to the campus community and the community at large. The department's mission shall be guided by a commitment to continuous improvement in the overall quality of teaching, research, and service.
To accomplish this, the department consists of 46 dedicated tenured and tenure-track faculty, 30 plus research faculty and lecturers, and visiting faculty, 10 National Academy of Engineering (NAE) members, including the recent NAE President.
Our faculty belong to numerous professional and academic organizations which fosters strong collaborations and networks across disciplines.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- The Maryland Center for Automotive Research & Testing (MCAR)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (ASHRAE)
- The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
- The Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- The Black Engineers Society (BES)
- The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- The Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM)
- The National Honorary Mechanical Engineering Society (Pi Tau Sigma)
- The National Engineering Honor Society (Tau Beta Pi)
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Engineers Without Borders